We had updated to Update Rollup 14 on one of our client organization earlier today and while regression testing came across a weird issue while opening up an Entity View in Dynamics CRM 2011.
I tried looking up in traces and run SQL profiler to try and grab the error but to no avail. Ultimately it turned out that the view had a few columns coming in from antoher entity.
Here is what I did to fix the view
- Removed all the columns from the View except any one which is from the base entity.
- Published customizations
- Added all the columns again to the View
- Published again
Viola, this just fixed the annoying pop-up that was coming up. Hope this will help a lot of troubleshooting time for many.