We recently upgraded one of our Client’s organization to UR17. Everything seemed fine until our Development team noted that Backspace key does not work in CRM 2011 UR17.
This took us by a little surprise. On researching it a bit, it seemed we weren’t the only one to face this small but weird issue. So for all the guys who are scratching your head figuring out what’s wrong with your keyboard, don’t worry it’s not your hardware that is faulty, it’s the CRM.
Scope of the Issue
As far as we could test, this is only limited to Internet Explorer. If you access CRM from any other browser i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.
So here’s how you can get it working again
- Inside CRM web client, go to Settings >> Administration >> System Settings
- Once in the System Settings, navigate to Customization Tab.
- Under the Document Mode section, there is a little check box that reads Load pages in the most recent version of Internet Explorer.
- Check this box and press OK button.
- You are done, Backspace is working again now.