The other day while working on Dynamics CRM 2015 and one of the users came up to me saying everyone is getting a weird error trying to open CRM “Invalid Action – The selected action was not valid”.
Without wasting any further time, went ahead and opened the Front End Server and logged into the event viewer, which was logging the following error and the source was MSCRMKeyGenerator
CrmWRPCTokenKey CrmKey(Id:, ScaleGroupId:, KeyType:CrmWRPCTokenKey, Expired:True, ValidOn:05/27/2015 06:31:05, ExpiresOn:06/29/2015 06:31:05, CreatedOn:05/27/2015 06:31:05, CreatedBy:NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE CrmKeySetting(Id:, KeyType:CrmWRPCTokenKey, KeyLength:128, KeyGenerationInterval:720, KeyTimeToLive:792, CryptoTimeToLive:72, Algorithm:HMACSHA256, ArchiveLength:1, Enabled:True, ActiveKeys:[ScaleGroupId=,ActiveKeyId=])
This error usually means that the Async service (maintenance) has not performed its task, mainly for two reasons
- Service is not running
- Service is not able to start due to login issues or any other issue
What’s the fix?
It is very simple, all you need to do is just check that the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Service (maintenance) is up and running. If it is stopped, go ahead and enable it.
- Go To Run and type services.msc
- Look for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Service (maintenance) and press the Start button or Right Click service name and select Start
If you still see this error then there is an additional thing you can try. Basically, renew the key manually and you should be fine. To do this, open Command Prompt
- Go to installation directory of Dynamics CRM, typically it would be %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Navigate to the tools directory
- Run the command Microsoft.Crm.Tools.WRPCKeyRenewal.exe /R
- CRM should be good now.